Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sorry, Mr. Bolaño........

But I could not finish "2666". I know, I know, people are ranting and raving about how great it is. And you know what, I wouldn't try to contradict their opinion. It is well put-together, comprehensive and very in-depth. But, throughout the chapter about the killings, the text got extremely boring. I kept saying to myself that I would just finish it, put it down and read "The Talented Mr. Ripley", and then come back and finish the chapter on the lost German author (which I was willing to bet would've been fun to read), but The Killings chapter was just repetitive and not really going anywhere. Perhaps, in the future, I will just skip it altogether and start the chapter on Benno von Archimboldi. Bolaño is still my favorite author, and I still look forward to reading "Monsieur Pain", but now, "The Talented Mr. Ripley" is the focus. And so, I will come back here with an opinion on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bollocks, what's your bloody take on things then?